A slight change in format this week, as I hitch a ride on Nick Southall’s #musicdiaryproject bandwagon. Which basically means I’ll try and note some things I listen to at work (though not most of the single tracks, and nothing off youtube. I have actual work to do) and on CD, not just my phone. Also, I haven’t been home all week, so here follow Monday through Wednesday, posted at twenty minutes into Friday:
On the bus in the morning:
Fbi 94.5’s All the Best: Growing up in the Shite, 1 Degree of Separation, Westside Publications, Cronulla Local.
- not much music here, but some as bridges between stories. Also, that should be Shire.
At the gym, on the treadmill:
The Magician - Magic Tape Five
- several months’ back’s tracklist-free mix from former Aeroplane co-pilot.
At the gym, on weights:
DJ Food - ‘88 was great but ‘89 is mine
- solid live mix (or rehearsal for same) by Strictly Kev of nothing but 1989 hip-hop. About a quarter Native Tongues, and a Hijack track over Apache that I don’t think I’ve ever heard.
KMD – Nitty Gritty
- in honour of Zev Love X’s tour last week
Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings at Newport Folk Festival 2010
- hour-long set from an NPR recording
On the bus home:
KCRW - Tron: Legacy Soundtrack Preview
- dude who interned on it, or something, interviewing the film director about the Daft score
Reading in bed:
Fridge - Early Output 1996-1998
- off a real actual CD, on the little boombox by my bed